RSS Feed for This PostCurrent Article

Panel Box Safety!

2015-12-09 14.14.12

Cooked mouse!!!

Flammable Material!!

Flammable Material!!

Open knockouts!!

Open knockouts!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While performing a home inspection in Bethany Beach, DE some bad practices were observed in the panel box. These issues increase the risk of a fire. During the home inspection several issues were found in the panel box.  There should never be combustible material inside of a panel box including cardboard, paper and wood debris.  Knockouts inside of a panel box were designed to easily run electric wires in and out of the box.  Open knockouts should be properly sealed to keep debris and critters from entering the panel box.  The Bethany Beach home owners were very lucky that the cooked mouse did not catch fire and ignite the pieces of cardboard. Home inspectors should be on the look out for open knockouts to help prevent these types of problems.

Comments (0)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.

Post a Comment




If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.